Amazon Prime is a paid subscription to Amazon, but it is not (yet) available in South Africa. However, since December 2016, you can enjoy Prime Video in South Africa, Amazon’s video-on-demand streaming service.
On Prime Video, you can stream movies and TV shows unlimited with a membership.
However, Amazon Prime Video South Africa has turned many stories into a drama series.
It has become the most affordable cable subscription compared to other services.
The Amazon Prime is closely related to Netflix.
Both of them have a similar pattern of displaying popular movies on the front page. Movies like American Gods, Hanna, Goliath are seen on the highlight page.
The list of movies is further grouped into Top Movies, Recently Added Movies, Recommended Movies, and Top TV.
Here is all to know about the service and its most popular shows.
See some of the available movies:
Samsara; Number 37; The Man in the High Castle; Five Fingers for Marseilles; Black Butterflies; Vixen; Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood; Making The Cut; The Test: A New Era for Australia’s Team; Blow The Man Down; Friend Request; Flight of the Conchords; One Mississippi; Charlie Jade; Jeff Dunham: All Over the Map; Action Point; Vixen; Bored to Death; A Private Dancer in Mom’s Kitchen;
These are some of the questions asked by curious subscribers:
How much does Amazon Prime Video cost in South Africa?
Amazon Prime is very affordable and you can enjoy Amazon Original movies as well as many TV shows.
The membership fee of $5.99 per month which can be cancelled at any time.
How can I watch Amazon Prime Video in South Africa free?
You have the privilege of enjoying Prime Video on a free trial basis. To do that, simply follow the process below:
1. If you do not have an account with Amazon yet, you will need to create an account from their official website.
2. If you already have an account, you need to log in.
3. After that, you will be redirected to a page where you will need to enter your credit or debit card details.
4. Once you are done, click on the “Add your card” button. From there, you can enjoy the service for the next seven days.
How do I access my Amazon Prime Video account?
To enjoy Prime Video in the comfort of your home, if you use a living room device, here are the steps to follow:
1. Download the Amazon Prime Video app if you do not have it yet on the device;
2. Once you have successfully done that, you can create an account;
3. Click on “sign in and start watching” button. This will grant you the opportunity of inputting your account information directly on the device;
4. Another thing you can do is to select “register on the Amazon website.” With this, you will get a 5–6 character code that you are expected to enter into your account.