South Africans have gained their fame in sport internationally through Rugby.
The country boasts of being home to some of the best players who are setting the pace internationally with their exemplary performance in the sport.
This time we bring the top-ranked Springbok rugby players
1. Handré Pollard: He was part of the squad that represented the country during the Rugby World Cup after joining the Springbok rugby players. For the two years that preceded, the latter was not part of the South African rugby players participating in the world cup because of the serious knee and ankle injuries that he had sustained. He earned himself the title of the World Rugby Junior Player of the Year in 2012.
2. Elton Jantjies: Elton went through the first test to join the team in 2012 in a match where the country played against Australia. During this match, it was evident that he was a promising team member who had the potential to grow. He, therefore, went through nine other tests before he joined the squad.
Elton Jantjies is another member of the SA rugby players who also has a notably commendable record in the sport. So far, he has 35 caps and a cumulative 253 points.
3. Frans Steyn: Frans Steyn became a member of the Springboks RWC team in 2007 and was very instrumental in helping the team win the Webb Ellis Cup.
4. Jesse Kriel: Jesse did his first test in the game in 2015, and within four years, he has set a commendable record. This was after he had sent years perfecting on his skill while in the Junior Boks team.
5. Willie le Roux: Willie le Roux is another one of the top players in the South Africa national rugby union team who has broken the waves in the sport to set a commendable record. Currently, his statistics stand at 55 caps and 60 points.
6. Francois Louw: Francois Louw is a Cape Town-born rugby player who was born on June 15th, 1985. The thirty-four-year-old made his debut in the game in 2010 and has so far gained a wealth of experience in the sport. He has for the longest time played the lose forward position, and currently, his statistics stand at 68 caps and 45 points.
7. Sbu Nkosi: Sbu Nkosi is probably the youngest player in the squad. Currently, he is twenty-three years old and is already part of the National Rugby team, such a commendable gesture! He is best described as the ‘razor-sharp winger’.
8. Lood de Jager: Lood de Jagger was named SA rugby player of the Year in 2015 and has an admirable record of 40 caps and 25 points.
9. Siya Kolisi: He currently plays the position of the loose-forward in the national team and has a notable performance of 42 caps and 25 points.
10. Pieter-Steph du Toit: He bagged the SA Rugby Player of the Year title in 2016 and 2018. He also played the position of captain for the team in 2018 during the test against Wales in Washington. Pieter- Steph has a commendable record of 49 caps and 20 points.