It is indisputably that every parent’s dream is to see their children attaining the highest feet in life.
And one way to transition that dream into reality is to ensure that your children attend some of the best schools possible—from primary and secondary to higher Institution.
Cape town is one of the biggest cities in southern Africa. With lots of foreigners coming into the city daily, weekly, and monthly. The city is home to over 2 million people.
Schools in Cape town are among the best in the country, this ranking is a result of the performance of students in exams and the standard of facilities available in the schools.
Their accommodative facilities, professional staff, affordable prices, and highly qualified teachers happen to be the best among the rest.
Interested in south Africa primary schools? Below is a detailed list of the best primary schools in Cape Town both in the private and public sectors.
Bishops Diocesan College (Rondesboch)
This is an independent all-boys school dedicated to providing all the necessary resources and conditions of transforming boys to men. Bishops Diocesan offers South African National curriculums. It possesses a technology-rich environment and learning facilities and accepts boys from 4 years to 18 years old. Its foundation based on an Anglican Christian background.
Herschel Girls School (Claremont)
Herschel is a private girls boarding school that offers weekly student boarding and day schooling options. It is based on an Anglican Christian faith foundation. Parents can admit their girls from Pre-Nursery all the way to Grade 12. You can visit the Herschel Girls School website and active twitter account for more inquiries.
St Joseph’s Marist College (Rondebosch)
This is a co-ed and multicultural institution that offers learning services for children from Pre-school to Matric level. Additionally, it provides for Montessori for children all the way to Grade 6. It offers a high-quality education system that incorporates “Google Schools”. What’s more, it provides a special needs education unit for 12 to 20-year-old students through its Special Needs Unit(SNU). For more information, visit St Joseph’s Marist College website.
Hout Bay International School (Hout Bay)
This is a private institution for both boys and girls that offers the International Baccalaureate (IB) educational programs and exams. It accommodates all religions and children from 3 years to Grade 12 Matric.
Constantia Waldorf School (Constantia)
Constantia Waldorf School offers services to children from 1 year to 18 years. Over the past 10 years, it has upheld a magnificent pass record for students in the NSC Matric exams. This co-educational learning facility that is based in the southern suburbs of Cape Town.
St Cyprian’s School (Oranjezicht)
- A girl’s primary school with a detailed admission website
- Christian religion
- Grade 000 to Grade 12/Matric
- Boarding available
St Georges Grammar School (Mowbray/Cape Town)
- Boys and girls mixed school
- Anglican domination
- From grade Pre R to Grade 12/Matric
American International School (Constantia)
- Mixed boys and girls
- Grade 000 – Grade 12
- It offers the United States of America high school diploma for continuing primary students.
- Age from 18 months to Grade 12
- 3 different campuses for nursery, pre-school, and junior school
Christian Brothers College (Parklands)
- Catholic dominion
- Admission for preschool to grade 12 pupils
Best public primary schools in Cape Town and Western Cape
In South Africa, public schools are commonly referred to as “Government-run” schools. They offer parents a cheaper education option. The reduced cost is based on government funding and private support from different organisations.
Primary schools in Western Cape range from the “no fee institutions” to schools that offer Adult Basic Education (ABE) curriculums. Some schools provide boarding services, while others are day schools. Below is a list of the leading primary schools in Cape Town.
Sun Valley Primary School (Fish Hoek)
- A group of Schools (Sunbird Preparatory, Sun Valley Primary, and Silvermine Academy.”
- 6 to 21 years
- Ex-Model C School
- Address: Brigantine Ave, Sun Valley, Cape Town, 7985, South Africa
Soyisile Public Primary School (Western Cape)
- Location Town: Nonqubela City
- No. of teachers 35
- No. of Students: 1159
- P.O.Box 284, Mitchell’S Plain, 7785
- Address: M Section Nkululeko Drive
Impendulo Public Primary School (C/O Paul & Khwahlaza Street)
- Located in Khayelitsha suburbs
- Offers Adult Basic Education (ABE)
- A quintile 2 no fee institution
- Po Box 21262, Durrheim, 7491.
Mkhanyiseli Public Primary School (Western Cape)
- Town location: Nyanga
- Address: Termius Road
- PO Box 111, Nyanga, 7755
- Section 21, Schl.
- Quids Up Schl.
Encotsheni Public Primary School
- Address: Site C, Primrose St, Zonnebloem, Western Cape
- South Africa
- Post Office box: 490, Cape Town, 8000
Isikhokelo Primary School (Idada Street)
- Located in Khayelitsha-Site C suburb
- Section 21
- Offers ABDE functions
- No fee institution
- P.O. Box 40080, Elonwabeni, 7791.
Sivile Public Primary School (Khayelitsha)
- Street: Morning Star Drive
- Postcode: 7784 Cape Town, Khayelitsha
- Phone: 021 387 5350
Oakhurst Girl’s Primary School (Rondebosch)
- Girls only school
- Grades R-7
- Oakhurst Girl’s Primary School website
Golden Grove Primary School (Hout Bay)
- Junior primary to middle school (R- 7)
- Bay Main Road, 75
- Address: Stuart Road, Rondebosch 7700
Kenwyn Primary School (Kenwyn)
- Urbana ANA school
- Address: Leafmore Road, Kenwyn, 7780
- Phone: Tel: 0217622720 or Mobile: 0835010329
- Email: [email protected]