Mother’s Day is a celebration honoring the mother of the family, as well as motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society.
It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, most commonly in the months of March or May.
But in South Africa, 2020 mother’s day was celebrated on 10th May and many took to their social media to share pictures of their beautiful mothers.
This day is a special day and some make use of that day to share some quotes on who their mother really is.
Mothers are just extraordinary as we talk about what they go through in life most especially becoming a mother.
Immediately she gets pregnant, she begins to change as she faces pains and discomfort all through.
Lets take a look at some of the quotes to send to ones mother:
Happy mother’s day quotes from daughter
- Mums are valuable, precious and beautiful, more beautiful than a gild carat of gold! I celebrate you today, happy mother’s day mummy!
- Mums are the most incredible human beings. A mum carries her baby in her womb for nine months without exhaustion nor complaints.
- Motherhood is the ultimate definition of love; I celebrate you my queens. Of all the gifts that the world could ever give, nothing beats the love of a mother. You are my walking treasure mummy.
- A mother is selfless because she prays for her babies more than she prays for herself. Her prayers are stuck on her babies for as long as they live, and this is the purest form of love. I appreciate you, my guardian angel.
- A mum is her kid’s best friend. She teaches her to love, more than she does. If she were a flower, she would have been a freshly scented rose, because that is how beautiful her heart is.
- God blessed me with a miracle that has walked by me all my life. That miracle is my mum, and I love her.
- A mother is that trashcan that you deposit all your worries and atrocities, but it never gets full, because she is patient. I adore you, mummy.
- Forget about best friends; mums are their kid’s number one support system. Remember she was confident about her kid making her first step.
- Mothers are a real definition of sacrifice. Before she makes any decision; she always has to factor in her babies. I celebrate you, mummy.
- Being female is one thing, but being a mother is another, and, it is not easy being a mum, because if it were, even fathers would also have been.
- Mums are priceless; they always have room for their kids in their hearts. Mothers have an extraordinary power, one that is more than that of a king sitting in his throne.
- Being a mum is one of the best most challenging full-time jobs that is fueled by love. Thank you for continually reminding me to love myself; you are irreplaceable!
- My kids are lucky that a superhero raised me because when I grow up, I will raise them the same way.
- Mothers are angels; they are the only human beings whom you can never question their intentions towards you.
- Behind every story, there is the part where a mother comes in, because, that is where the story of your existence begins.
- Being a mum is tiresome. However, the joy that comes with it is irreplaceable. In as much as I am your joy, you are my world.
- A mother’s heart is where you will find immense peace and tranquility. I love you!
Mother’s day quotes from son
Some people find it odd for a son to send his mom a mother’s day message but there is nothing wrong with it.
Just the way a daughter send father’s day message to her dad, then a son can do same.
All is just to appreciate them for what they have done and doing.
- Everything that I am today, you groomed me into it. I celebrate you, mum!
- Mothers are short on criticism and long on love, that is the simplest way I could describe you. I celebrate you today.
- Mums are a true definition of unconditional love. I love you, mummy.
- A mum keeps secrets like a sister, gives hugs and shares like a friend. She is a full package of happiness.
- A mother is a double blessing, she is a parent and a faithful friend altogether.
- A mum is that one person that you think of with pride remember with warmth and cherish with love.
- It takes a strong queen to groom a king. Mummy, you are my queen.
- Nothing beats the roles a mother plays in the life of her son. She is that one person whom you can always count on to be on her son’s side.
- Motherhood is a unique strength that is greater than that of natural laws. However exhausted she is, a mother will always offer a shoulder to lean on for her son.
- A mum is a teacher; she will give in her best to make sure that she raises her son well so that he can learn to value his woman.
- Nothing beats the heroism in the love of a mother. It will awaken the lion in you, that you had no idea existed.
- A mum will hold the hand of her son for a few months, but will never let him out of her heart.
- A mother is a hero. She will wear a big smile, even when she is crushed deep inside.
- My mum taught me to love unconditionally. I am who I am because I had an angel for a mother.
- Mothers will raise you to believe that everything in life is excellent but will teach you how to laugh your troubles away.
- A mum has a little bit of everything, a teacher, a parent and a friend.
- Life never comes with a manual on how to go about it; it comes with a mum.
Mother’s day quotes funny
Sometimes you might just want to brighten up the mood, here are some of the quotes to send:
- It is funny how; I do not have to remind you that I am your favourite child, happy mother’s day
- I marvel because I am your kid, and, there is absolutely nothing that you can do about it.
- Happy mother’s day to the special human being who carried me inside her for nine months, and is still carrying me financially to date.
- I am so grown, age-wise, but still, I am your baby, happy mother’s day.
- Mummy, I am fantastic because you raised me. You deserve a pay rise.
- I was brought up by a great lady who made me believe that motherhood is the best hood.