Having fun is healthy and you can have that with your family or lover in Johannesburg, as there’s list of fun things to do there.
There are some beautiful places to visit if you find yourself in Jo’burg. Check them out below:
1. Orlando Towers: It features the world’s first bungee jump between two cooling towers. Besides, there are more adrenaline junkie things to do with the cheapest being the 25 metre rock climbing activity that costs R50 per person. You and your date can compete to see who is more fit in rock climbing. Other activities include group paintball at R170 and Bungee jumping at R550.
2. Walter Sisulu National Botanical Gardens: The Water Sisulu Botanical Garden, located on Malcolm Road, Poortview, Roodepoort, was established in 1982 and was voted as one of the places to visit in Johannesburg to interact with nature. So, simply pack your picnic bag and enjoy a relaxing day at the park with your significant other. Make sure to watch out for the Verreaux’s Eagles that nest on the cliffs near the water fall. The best part is that the entrance to the park is absolutely free.
3. Crumbs & Cream: Crumbs & Cream is one of the ideal couple outings in Johannesburg. You can visit their store that is situated on Oxford Road at Illovo Junction and indulge their several sweet treats. The treats start from R38.
4. Stargaze at the Planetarium: A date at the Witz Planetarium will score you major brownie points with your girl. This is because it is enthralling to view the stars without the glare from the bright town lights while taking notes of the astronomer discussions of the evening’s topic. A date like this will cost you R50 per person.
5. James Hall Museum Of Transport: This is one of the recommended activities to do while in Johannesburg since the establishment is the biggest and oldest all-inclusive museum of land and transport in the country. The museum is open to the public from Tuesdays to Fridays (09:00-17:00), Saturdays and Sundays (09:00-12:00, 13:00-16:00) and remains closed on Mondays, every third weekend of the month, and during Christmas and boxing days.