Telkom is a leading telecommunication in South Africa. This service provider offers bundled voice, data, broadband and internet services to business and residential customers.
They dominate a large percentage of the population, and for this reason, they have improved their terms of payment.
However, online payments come with their own challenges, and it can be confusing at times. In this article, we make it easier for you to pay your bills online by outlining how you can do so.
How to register, view and pay your Telkom online bill
To make the most out of your account, especially if your preference is handling your business online, it is essential for you to register your Telkom account on their portal.
You can use your profile to:
- View and pay your bill online
- Register for email billing
- Manage your subscriptions
- Manage your accounts (change account details, cancel services, etc.)
- Redeem vouchers Purchase bundles
- Update your profile
How to pay Telkom bill online
1. Using the Internet or telephone money transfer facilities
Using the app for your bank or through the bank’s website, select Telkom from the beneficiary list given by your specific bank.
To make an electronic payment, use the EFT reference number, which is on the first page of your bill. The Telkom accounts number is unique and valid for this account.
2. Set up a debit order
A debit order is a commitment between you and a third party to take an agreed amount of money out of your bank account every month to pay for a specific service or to repay a loan.
Debit orders make it easier to keep track of your payments as you will know what is going in and out of your account at all times.
To set up a debit order, contact the customer care team at 10210 for residential customers or 10217 for business customers.
EasyPay comes with several options. You can make your Telkom payments online directly on the EasyPay website.
There is also the option to pay your bill through EasyPay via several retail pay points all over the country, such as Shoprite, Checkers, Pick ‘n Pay, etc.
Other ways to pay your bill
Where can I pay my Telkom account? If the online methods are not working for you, you can try paying through the following methods.
1. At any branch of the following banks: ABSA, FNB, Nedbank, or Standard Bank.
2. You can also pay at the ATM. In order to make use of this service, select Telkom from the beneficiary list supplied by your bank. Use the EFT reference number, which on the first page of your bill, to make electronic payments via ATM.
3. Post office payments are also an option for you. Give the cashier your invoice and your cash or cheque payment. It is essential to ask for a receipt for proof.
Based on your preference you can either receive your bill via:
Email: The invoice can be sent via an electronic mail to your specified address every month in a PDF format.
Electronic billing: You also have the option of receiving your invoice online from your Telkom billing number. You will then get an email notifying you that your invoice has been sent to the Electronic Bill Presentment platform.
Paper: You can also receive your invoice via the post.