If you’re a big fan of lotto or other games similar to it, then you already know, by now, how high the chances of winning are when you play the Powerball game.
Anyone who is above 18 can play this game. The best part of playing this game is the price you’ll receive, if you know how to win the Powerball.
How do you win higher prizes on this South African lottery game? In this article, we’ll give you tips on how to play the game and out-smart everyone. Read on to find out how.
How does Powerball work?
You’re expected to pick one Powerball from 1 to 20. You also need to select five Powerball numbers from 1 to 50. You can select Powerball Plus as well if you aim for a bigger prize. The Powerball draw days are on Fridays and Tuesdays for the whole year. The draw time is 9.00 PM South African time.
There are various ways to purchase the lottery Powerball ticket so that you enter the game. The method you choose will also determine how you claim your prize. They include the following.
- Licensed stores which are found across South Africa
- Online accounts
- Via SMS or USSD
- The First National Bank (FNB)
The purchase of tickets should be made before 8.30 PM on draw days. If you are buying on non-draw days, the time for purchase is between 6.00 AM and 11.00 PM. Each line will cost you R5.
How many numbers to win Powerball SA?
To win Powerball SA, endeavor to match your digits with the ones drawn. Those with more matched digits stand a chance to go away with huge prizes. However, you can win the jackpot if all the five selected digits, together with the Powerball, match the drawn digits in any order. The draws have nine prize divisions, including the Powerball jackpot winning numbers.
Tips on how to win the Powerball
Compare to other gambling games, the chances of winning the South Africa is high. Follow the information below to understand how to win the lottery game.
- You need to understand the cold and hot digits so that you know which digits appear more or less often in draws.
- It is wise to choose both even and odd numbers. An even mix of both will increase your chances of winning a reward.
- You also need an even mix of high and low numbers. High numbers range from 26 to 50, while low numbers range from 1 to 25.
- Find out which number groups appear in most draws and which ones are often omitted. Remember, the more a certain digit appears, the more likely it will re-appear.
- You should also find out the number of times a certain digit has been skipped before appearing in draws again.
- The summation of selected digits should lie between 95 and 160 to have higher winning probabilities.
- Study past draws to know which digit is a repeat hit in most draws.