What is Showmax? This is a streaming service that gives you access to tons of movies, documentaries, sports, and TV shows (including Showmax originals) at affordable costs. The headquarters of this amazing streaming service is here in South Africa, but its reach is very much global. Established in 2015, the service is owned by none other than the MultiChoice Group, which also owns DStv.
The price for the streaming service is R99 per month. This comes with plenty of content, features, and the ability to stream on multiple devices.
You can share Showmax with just one account that has been registered in your name at no additional costs. The multiple devices can be in the same house or in different locations. Two or more devices can access and watch and stream series and other forms of entertainment on the same Showmax account. Note that up to five different devices can access one subscription to this video streaming platform.
How do I use Showmax on my phone? If you already have an account, simply sign in on the different devices (can be a phone, smart TV, laptop, or tablet) using your Showmax log in credentials (email address and password).
Here’s how to access Showmax on multiple device:
- On your phone, tablet, or smart TV, download the free Showmax app for free for both Android and iOS.
- Sign in using your credentials. From your PC, open your browser and navigate to www.showmax.com and click on Showmax sign in.
- Key in your log in details.
- At this point, you are signed in to your account from two or more places, that is, through the phone app and the browser.
- Now the devices can stream different shows at the same time for different people.
From the smartphone/tablet
- Go to the menu on the Showmax app and open settings.
- Click on Bandwidth Capping.
- From this screen, pick anything from Low Capping (0.3 GB per hour), Medium Capping (0.7 GB per hour), and No Capping which, gives 3 GB per hour and the highest quality.
- Log on to the platform, select a show, and click on Watch Now.
- Go to Settings and then select Bandwidth Capping.
- Select your favored bandwidth capping option.
- Sit back and enjoy your show or movie.
Download offline titles: If you are in a place with free Wi-Fi, take advantage of that and download all your favorite shows to watch later. Note that this platform allows you to download up to 25 titles that will be accessible for 30 days.
How do I link Showmax to other devices?
How do I use Showmax on my phone? If you already have an account, simply sign in on the different devices (can be a phone, smart TV, laptop, or tablet) using your Showmax log in credentials (email address and password). In as much as there is the freedom to watch on multiple devices, there is a caveat to keep in mind. Always ensure that you have a fast and reliable internet connection. You need plenty of data since each device will be streaming its own content even though they use the same account.