Cornrows are a natural hairstyle suitable for both men and women. Cornrows are sections of hair that are typically neatly connected to the scalp in a braided fashion. Imagine doing a plait but connected to your scalp – that’s a cornrow.
Cornrows originated in parts of ancient Africa as far back as 500 B.C. They were an indicator of social status for many indigenous people of Africa. Many ancient artifacts from the continent, including the Sphinx, depict the use of cornrows.
You can never go wrong on cornrows hairstyle and below are different styles that might inspire your next hair-do. You can get creative with the hairstyles shared.
1. Cornrow Bun: A bun is the easiest way to style your cornrows for your studies or work. You can transform it into a ponytail in a few seconds.
2. Cornrows Going Back: This type of cornrows for women looks neat and is acceptable for a formal setting. It accentuates the impeccable shape of the skull and high cheekbones.
3. Two Cornrow Braids: Typical of diligent and obedient schoolgirls. Please pay attention to the small rings in the braids — adding some zest is easy.
4. Extra Long Cornrows: With cornrows going back and your hair being gathered at the nape of your neck, you can work, commute, go shopping, or practice sports with maximum comfort.
5. Cornrow Updo with Curls: Such a cute updo creates an impish and feminine impression at the same time. Use hairbands, ribbons, or tiaras to hold your hair.
6. Four Cornrow Braids: Actually, 4 cornrows or 6 cornrows — the number doesn’t matter as long as there is an impressive braided design on your scalp. You choose.
7. Cornrows in Front & Box Braids in Back: Cornrows and box braids allow you to experiment with multilayered hairstyles. Your hairdo will keep its shape for days without spray or gel.
8. Cornrow Goddess Braids: These two massive cornrows symbolize a crown on the head of a queen or a goddess. Such an impressive hairstyle may require a lot of extensions.
9. Twist Cornrows: The twisted version adds a dynamic flair to your look.
10. Cornrow Braided Ponytail: Makes you look taller, skinnier, and younger. You can do without an elastic band and wrap the ponytail with a couple of your braids.